Repeaters and MMDVM servers are programmed with their own set of talkgroups, which comprises the “talkgroup deck”. This deck is also matched to the codeplugs that are generated by ACB for our Anytone radios. Our Matrices show visually, the deck and it’s relationship to similar repeaters.
- Talkgroups are programmed to be either full-time (FT) or part-time (PTT)
- Timers are also assigned to the talkgroups to either keep the PTT TG on for a period of time
- 15 minutes of turn-on time is the general rule.
- Timers can also be assigned to “hold-off” other TG’s so that the timeslot is not lost if it were to go active elsewhere on the network
- 3 minutes of “hold-off: time is standard for most repeaters (Except Local 1 or Metro 2, which are 5 minutes)
- Each repeater has a base set of talkgroups in its deck and others may be added to better support the mission of the repeater
- MCT’s (Master Control Talkgroups) are able to temporarily override the timers