- Use the “Parrot” (Echo Server) as it transmits your last audio back to you via the Parrot talkgroup.
- Announcement tracks precede and follow your repeated audio to provide a quality and level comparison to yours.
- Your levels also can appear on the VU Audio Meter. which is useful to determine your actual audio levels.
- Parrot use can confirm that your radio programming and the network is all working correctly if the Parrot returns your audio.
- Correct audio levels and best quality are important and well worth making the effort to have the best possible transmit audio.
- Asking over the air for reports, while better than nothing, is very subjective and a poor method to address audio levels.
- For more information on audio and audio testing: Parrot Echo Service.